To start interacting with your workloads in Heroku, install the hoop command line and signup.
- Hoop Command Line
- Signup at Hoop Dev
- Deploy the agent that will interact with the Heroku Platform
Leave the inputs
- Check the logs of the agent, it should appear a URL. Copy and paste it in the browser and register the agent.
The logs could be viewed by using the heroku command line or from the heroku dashboard
Persisting the Agent Token
This step is recommended to avoid having to register the agent again if the dyno restarts.
- Save the token in the URL
- Add a environment variable to the agent app
- Go to Settings > Config Vars
- Add a variable with the key
- Add the token (
x-agt...) to the input value
If you need to redeploy the agent in another app, click in the deploy button again and pass the agent token in the input field
Associating with Connections
If the registered agent doesn't appear, try to refresh the webapp.
Interacting with the Connection
- Open a terminal and sign-in
- Connect to
hoop connect agent-bash
That's it! Now you've connected in an interactive session inside a heroku app. After disconnecting it, check if there's any recorded session available at https://app.hoop.dev/plugins/audit.
See how to use the heroku cli through Hoop.